The Graduate Life Office is always a-buzz with events ranging from social activities meant to connect students throughout the university to professional development activities aimed at preparing graduate students for vocational success.
GLO LARGE EVENTS:
- Graduate Student Appreciation Week--each spring
- Dissertation Boot Camp--every semester
- Orientation - every August/January
- Tuesdays@10 -- food & social hour in the Packer House basement, every Tuesday at 10
- Cultural Breakfasts--Cultural clubs and departmental clubs host breakfasts on some Thursdays, 10 to 11 (frequent hosts include BOGS, INFORMS, WISE, Fulbright Scholars, Chinese, Taiwanese, Indian & Turkish!). Check calendar for the next one!
- Women's Exchange--women's social hour every other week featuring guest speakers on a specific theme for the semester.
- Transition to Grad School - A 4 part series on how to successfully transition into your new role as a graduate student. Held at Packer House.
- Career Services Workshops --in collaboration with the Career Center, we are pleased to offer some excellent workshops and events for grad students throughout the year.
- Career Service Walk in Thursdays at Packer House from 1:00-3:30 - Come get free Career Advice on all things professional development.
- Teacher Development Series--a very popular series of lectures and workshops intended for students wishing to improve their teaching skills. Certificates awarded at end.
GLO Events in Social Media:
Other Things to Do Around Lehigh
GLO is not the only place where great events are hosted. Check out the events calendars and websites of these other Lehigh offices to see what interesting things are happening on campus.