Full Day Graduate Orientation - Tuesday, August 22, 9am - 3pm
Teacher Assistant Training - Wednesday, August 23, 9am - 3pm
(TA Training is required for any student who has accepted a position as a teaching assistant)
Lab Safety Training - Friday, August 25, 9am - 10am
(Lab Safety training is required for any student who will be working in a lab at Lehigh)
- Welcome Message
- Welcome Letter
- Video clips about Life at Lehigh
- Language testing
- Health info
- Graduate Health Insurance Information 2016
- Lab Training
- TA Training
- Get your Lehigh Email
- ID Cards
- Register for Classes
- Temporary Housing
- Airport Arrival Transportation Information
- Graduate Student Resource Book 2015-16
Dear New Graduate Student,
Congratulations on your acceptance to Lehigh and welcome to the Lehigh community of 2,100+ graduate students! The Graduate Student Life Office is here to assist you with student life concerns by providing information, referrals, advice, and consultation. Your department will handle any of your academic concerns, including departmental assistantship awards.
Please take a look at the Graduate Student Resource Book , as well as the other electronic materials on this website to help you as you prepare to move to and live in our community. Also, take a minute to look at our video clips for new international students which include valuable information for domestic students as well. They include information on:
In addition, please see Residential Services website on both on-campus and off-campus housing: http://www4.lehigh.edu/housing/graduate
Low cost temporary housing: Lehigh will also offer temporary housing at a low-cost just before Fall semester begins . Please see information regarding temporary housing here.
- Pennsylvania State Law requires that students living in university housing either (1) obtain a meningitis vaccine or (2) fill out a declination form. You may obtain the vaccination at the Health Center for a fee. Lehigh’s injury and sickness insurance does not cover this fee because the insurance does not cover preventive medicine. Medically, only college freshmen living in dormitories are at an increased risk, so graduate students may feel comfortable choosing to waive the meningococcal vaccine. If you do not want the vaccine, you may waive it by completing the declination form. The form is available at the Student Health Center, Johnson Hall. This law does not apply to students living off-campus. Please address questions and comments directly to the Health Center: 610/758-3870. For details, please visit http://www.lehigh.edu/health/immune.shtml.
- Taking and passing the TOPSS test is required of all international T.A.s whose first language is not English. SPEAK testing is offered throughout the year. For information: 610/758-6099.
- Mandatory Health Information. Please make sure to complete all necessary forms regarding health information. Checkout the requirements at http://www.lehigh.edu/health or call the Student Health Center: 610/758-3870.
- Lab Safety Training: You must go through this training if you will be working in a lab. You will not be allowed in the lab until the training is complete. Please consult the schedule in your orientation packet for time and location.
- Teaching Assistant Training: If you have been awarded a teaching assistant position, your department will require this training. Please email gradlife @ lehigh.edu for more information. Are you going to be a Teaching Assistant at Lehigh. Please watch the TA Video series, write a brief summary, include your name, department and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lehigh computing account. New graduate students must establish their Lehigh computing account through the Lehigh graduate application at http://applyweb.com/lehighg.
Click on View Your Decision Letter and follow the link under “Next Steps”.
More information on E-Mail accounts and technology resources at Lehigh is available athttp://www.lehigh.edu/computing/accounts.html.
ID CARDS http://www.lehigh.edu/~inluid/
Your Lehigh ID card provides you with access to several important services, such as access to academic buildings (with approval), a GoldPLUS account http://financeadmin.lehigh.edu/goldplus, athletic facilities and events, bookstore discounts and library borrowing.
**ID Photo Submission Information**
You must submit a photo of yourself in advance, to be used on your ID card.
The picture must be a color head-and-shoulders photograph of you facing the camera with a plain background. We cannot accept photos where you are wearing sunglasses, hats, or anything that would make it difficult to determine your identity. We reserve the right to refuse any photo, due to poor quality, unacceptable content, or other variables. We reserve the right to crop or edit the image in order to produce an acceptable ID picture. You must email your photo as a .jpg file to email@example.com prior to your arrival on campus (please label your photo file with your LIN, example, 876543210.jpg). Recommended picture size is a minimum of 400 x 400 pixels, and a maximum of 800 x 800 pixels.
We will produce your card prior to your arrival on campus & notify you when it is ready.
Make sure to check out the rest of the Graduate Student Life website for updates on Orientation and about the services we provide and events we have planned for all graduate students. Also, please note that the Office of International Students and Scholars will an orientation for international students. In addition, academic programs or departments will also have orientation events for you. Please be on the look-out for information about those other orientation programs!
Please do not hesitate to contact our office if you have any questions.
See you at Orientation -- Feel free to email us at any time! firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathleen Hutnik, Ph.D. Associate Dean for Graduate Student Life
- Make an appointment to see your advisor to select your semester courses and to find out your Registration (Alternate) PIN. You must have this PIN to register.
- Access Secure Login at https://lewisweb.cc.lehigh.edu or via the Campus Portal.
- Select the following links:
- Student & Financial Aid
- Check Registration Status
- If you have any holds, you need to contact the appropriate office to clear the hold before registering. You should also note the date and time at which you can register. We have assigned different time slots for students according to class status.
- New graduate students must establish their Lehigh computing account through the Lehigh graduate application at http://applyweb.com/lehighg. Click on View Your Decision Letter and follow the link under “Next Steps”.
Temporary Housing – Summer Only (for preparation of Fall semester)
Housing Reservation Dates: August 4, - August 14, 2017 - Only available in Fall
CHECK-IN time is between 8:00AM and 10:00PM beginning Friday, August 4, 2017 at the Conference Services Desk, located in the Farrington Square D lounge. Directions to Farrington Square may be found below. Instructions for guests arriving after 10:00PM are posted outside the Farrington Square D lounge.
CHECK-OUT must be completed before 12:00PM on Monday, August 14, 2017. Any change in this time must be prearranged through the office to avoid additional charges. All keys must be returned to the Conference Services Desk.
COST: The Graduate Life Office located at 217 W. Packer Avenue will collect money for your temporary housing. We can accept cash or checks made payable to "Lehigh University".
Please note: We cannot accept credit/debit cards or charge your bursar account. The cost is $35.20 per person per night. (linen packets provided – pillow, blanket, pillowcase, 2 sheets, 2 towels).
Reservations are required. Please click here to make your reservation for temporary housing.
If you have any questions, please call the Graduate Life Office at 610-758-4722 or email@example.com.