The Graduate Assistantship at the Office of International Students & Scholars (OISS) is a 12-month (June 1, 2015 – May 31, 2016) 20 hours per week position. Applicant needs to meet the minimum requirements below in order to be considered.
1. Currently an enrolled, degree-seeking, full-time graduate student in good academic standing
2. Must be able to work 20 hours a week and some evenings and weekends including summer and winter breaks
3. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with people from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds
4. Strong working experience with MS Word, Excel, and Publisher
5. Exceptional organizational skills
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7. Knowledge of Lehigh Valley and Lehigh campus resources
8. Must be creative, enthusiastic, and responsible
9. Must be able to commit to full term (June 1, 2015 - May 31, 2016)
1. Experience living in another culture and knowledge of more than one language
2. Strong interest in International Education
3. Previous large-scale event planning a plus
4. Experience with social networking channels
5. Currently holding a valid US driver’s license and is able to drive a university vehicle (car or mini-van) upon request
1. Assisting with programming (trips and social events such as the International Bazaar)
2. Assisting with office duties (filing, running errands, covering front desk when needed, etc.)
3. Assisting with Fall and Spring International Student Orientation including checking in new students prior to the orientation
4. Assisting with all campus events that OISS sponsors or co-sponsors and is responsible for the promotion of such events
5. Contributing to the OISS weekly e-newsletter
6. Maintaining the daily activity of OISS social media account
7. Other duties as assigned
This GA position offers a stipend. It does not offer tuition benefits. If you are interested, please send your resume and a cover letter to Jeanne Ma no later than March 15, 2015.
For more information, click here.